Lower vs Higher Risk Foods
  Indigenous Health  
  Advance Care Planning  
  Community Care Licensing  
  Chronic Disease  
  End-of-Life Care / Hospice Palliative Care  
  Environmental Health  
  Health Alerts  
  Health Topics  
  Healthy Living & Communities  
  Home and Community Care  
  Hospital Services  
  Injury Prevention  
  Mental Health & Addictions  
  NH Connections (medical travel service)  
  Overdose Prevention  
  Pregnancy - Maternity - Babies  
  Primary Health Care  
  Public Health  
  Seniors Health  
You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of Evoq Content. Please contact customersuccess@dnnsoftware.com for information on how to obtain a valid license.

Lower vs Higher Risk Foods

Lower Risk Foods

Higher Risk Foods.

Lower Risk foods are foods that pathogens have trouble surviving in because they are drier, have a high sugar or salt content, or are more acidic.

Higher Risk foods are foods that can support the growth of pathogens and/or foods that have been associated with causing foodborne illness.

A Food Service permit is not required to sell these foods at a bake sale. If you would like some food safety information on the foods you are selling, you can contact your EHO.

A Food Service permit is required to sell these foods at a bake sale.  If you would like to sell these foods, you should contact your EHO who can help you obtain a free temporary Food Service Permit.

Examples:  Cakes, cookies, squares, muffins, cupcakes, fruit pies, tarts, breads, candies, popcorns, chocolates, fudge, brownies.

Examples: Cheesecake, pumpkin pies, frostings or fillings with cream cheese, custards, whipped cream or cheese.